Sunday, September 4, 2016

Introduction

Welcome to The Most Excellent Inspirational Blog! 

created for class 495ESM MultiGenre Literacy in a Global Context

DianeDeLaurentis11@gmail.com

Diane DeLaurentis here! As a CSUN student graduating this semester (yippy!), and a person who is basically uneducated in the world of digital media (oh, no!), I hope to to become more educated and comfortable adapting to new technology. I am excited to learn, but have a problem: I am old school! I grew up communicating in a finite, in the box way.  I considered content only, not form. Today, as an actress, artist in residence, acting and improv teacher, I am thrilled about exploring the infinite possibilities of communication, (even technology yet to be discovered!) and believe, more than ever, educators and instructors need to stay lose, open and be flexible in receiving and communicating new information. My goal  in this class is to share inspiration with others, experiment with different mediums (the hard part for me), and not get stuck!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane, I definitely agree with you that when it comes to education and bringing in new technologies and practices, that educators should definitely stay loose. There is nothing wrong with sticking to a method that shows results every time it goes around, but if someone is too rigid and unwilling to adopt something new, how will that educator or instructor find out that their product work could be that much MORE effective? Trying something new is always fun --albeit hard. But usually the things that are hard are usually the best for us. Here's to hoping we all stay flexible! -Mike Washington

    ReplyDelete