Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Poems


September 25, 2016
My Love

Old now, to some people
Not great to look at,
But if you saw my journey 
you’d see my beauty.
I’ve held many kids
Carried the load when no one else could.
Made friends feel safe and secure.
Let animals lick me.
Didn’t mind getting dirty.
Had fun times, did some racy things
But never hurt anyone.
Sure, I had my ups and downs
Broke down every once in a while,
But I kept things moving, even when others stopped.
I may not be in great shape now,
You may not want to show me off.
But I’m here for you
Till the day I die.

Sincerely,
2004 Honda Odyssey.



My Gift

Text. Meet me at Hugos.
Rub my feet, hugs and smiles.
Americana, Trader Joes dark chocolate,
Tears and laughing tears.
Bass serenades, Colburn, Tanglewood,
Green juice, driving to school.
UCLA, exercise, dorm,
ComedySportz, Barely Legal, After Dark.
Mahler, Bach, practice,
Staircase, Mondos, surfing,
and a bright vintage grapefruit shirt.
Violet Hair, movie making.
Clean room, messy room,
Kind to animals, Family hug,
Talk, talk, talk, stream of consciousness.
My children are my gift.






No comments:

Post a Comment